Resources for Faith Group Leaders
Spirit is a monthly free e-newsletter on spirituality and aging for those working with older adults in a variety of settings. Use the link on the right to sign up.
- Top Ten Spiritual Practices for Aging by Nancy Gordon
- A Bibliography on Spirituality, Aging and Dementia by Susan and John McFadden
- Who Are We When We Don’t Remember?
- Re-imaging Older Adult Ministry
- Forget Memory: A Call to Care
- Life Story in the Congregation–Articles and Resources
- Resources for Ministry to those with Alzheimer’s Disease
- The Spiritual Care of Persons with Dementia
- Older Adults – An Advantage to a Congregation
- Enhancing an Older Adult Ministry
- Older Adult Ministry: More Than a Pot Luck
- Why an Older Adult Ministry?
- The Congregation and Alzheimer’s
- Why Do I Suffer?
- Suffering is a Mystery
- A Prayer for Later Years
Links of Interest for Ministry to Persons with Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
- Webinar: Dr. William Randolph, Director of Aging and Older Adult Ministries for the United Methodist Church, on the necessity of dementia care in churches.
- Is your church dementia friendly?
- Offering caregivers a day off – providing dementia respite care.
- Reaching out to the homebound, who can be otherwise forgotten, ignored, or misunderstood.
- How faith communities can serve those with dementia as well as their families.
- 10 steps that clergy and faith communities can take to care for those with Alzheimer’s and their families.